To connect to a digital source, such as a DVD or Blu-ray Disc™ player, or a satellite or cable box, follow these steps:
Connecting a digital audio source
- Make the video connection from your device directly to the TV. Your Bose® system cannot pass the signal from video device to the TV
- Using a stereo (dual RCA) analog cable, insert one end into the left and right audio output jacks on the external device. The jacks are often marked "Audio OUT," "Monitor OUT," "Line OUT" or "Play"
- Insert the other ends of the cable into AUX input jacks on the back of the music center
- Using a digital coaxial cable, insert one end into the digital audio output jack on the external device. This is often marked "digital audio out," "PCM out," "SPDIF out" or "Dolby Digital out"
- Insert the other end of this cable into the digital audio input jack on the audio input cable
Note: If the digital signal drops out, the analog connection will prevent loss of audio. The digital audio connection defaults to the AUX input on the Bose system.