Bose has prepared this Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) to be provided to Bose job applicants and other individuals whose personal information we process for recruiting purposes (collectively, “Candidates”). The purpose of this Notice is to give you information about the type of personal information we may collect, process, and use for these purposes.
When we use the terms “Bose”, “we” or “us” in this Notice, we’re referring to the Bose family of companies, which means Bose Corporation and its affiliated entities under common ownership and control. Your information is controlled by one of these entities as detailed in our “Bose Contact Information” section below.
Bose needs to process certain personal information in order to evaluate your candidacy. There are also statutory requirements and other contractual requirements with which we must comply regarding your job application and any hiring process. If we are unable to carry out the processing activities that we describe in this Notice, we may not be able to evaluate your candidacy or hire you.
This Notice does not guarantee that you will be hired and, if you are hired, this document does not create a contract of employment.
- Identification information. This includes contact information such as your full name, address, telephone number, and email addresses. service.
- Career information. Bose may handle recruitment or engagement information such as application forms and information included in a CV, cover letter, or otherwise provided through any application or hiring process; qualification testing results; references; information related to your previous or current job titles, work history, work dates, and work locations; information about skills, qualifications, experience; information about publications, speaking engagements, if provided by you; and professional memberships.
- Education information. Bose may have information related to the academic institutions you attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information, if provided by you.
- Other data you provide to us that is relevant to the potential employment relationship, including information gathered about you through interviews with you.
- Other legally protected information. Bose may collect, on an optional basis, and only to the extent consistent with or required by applicable law, information that relates to your race, sex/gender, military service, nationality, disability status, ethnicity, and other legally protected information.
In most cases, Bose collects personal information directly from you. For example, through your application or during interviews. At times, Bose may also receive personal information about you from third-party sources, including:
- External recruiters and other referral sources
- Third-party test providers
- Staffing agencies
- References you provide
- Publicly available sources, such as your professional LinkedIn profile, your professional profile on your current employer’s website, speaker bios on the websites of professional conferences where you have spoken, articles you have published, and press releases or other company announcements
We collect and use personal information for a variety of activities as part of the hiring process, which include, where applicable:
- Evaluating and responding to your employment application, including reviewing your education and job history, facilitating interviews, checking references, and notifying you of relevant additional vacancies with us that may interest you.
- Communicating with you, Bose employees, and third parties, regarding your application and recruiting process.
- Responding to and complying with requests and legal demands from regulators or other authorities, but only where we believe in good faith that we must use your information for these purposes.
- Analysing and improving the recruiting process, such as with respect to cost/budgeting analysis and recruiting outcomes.
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal grounds they rely on to process your information. Our legal bases for processing your information as described in this Notice are as follows:
- Where use of your information is necessary to take steps to enter into a contract of employment or another contract with you.
- Where we use your information to comply with applicable legal obligations, in particular in the area of labour and employment law, social security and social protection law, data protection law, tax law, and corporate compliance laws.
- Where use of your information furthers our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others. For example, to provide security for our services, operate our business and our services, and defend our legal rights.
- Where you have consented to our processing of your information for a particular purpose.
Bose may disclose information to the following types of entities or in the following circumstances (where applicable):
Within Bose. People within the Bose family of companies to carry out the purposes described in this Notice, including human resources, as well as other personnel within Bose, such as legal and compliance.
- Service providers: recruiting and other human resource providers.
- Legal compliance: when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency.
- Litigation purposes: to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
- Business transaction purposes: in connection with the sale, purchase, or merger of our business, some or all of our assets, or in the diligence performed in preparation thereto.
Bose operates globally and may transfer, store, and/or process your information to or with other entities within the Bose family of companies or other third parties such as trusted service providers and partners in locations around the world (including the United States) for the purposes described in this Notice. Wherever your information is transferred, stored, or processed by us, we take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with our Information Security policies and procedures and applicable laws. These measures may include implementing Standard Contractual Clauses to govern the transfer of your information, or other means recognised by applicable laws.
Bose will retain information of candidates for different periods of time depending on the purposes for which we collect and use it, as described in this Notice. We will delete or de-identify information when it is no longer needed to fulfil these purposes.
We are committed to protecting your information. We use a variety of technical, physical, and organisational security measures designed to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We regularly monitor our Services for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. If you have any concerns about the security of our Services, please contact us as detailed in the “Bose contact information” section below so they may be addressed and resolved in a timely and effective manner.
In certain jurisdictions you have the ability to exercise legal rights regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your information. Your legal rights vary based on the laws of your jurisdiction and may include:
- Access to, or a copy of, your information
- Delete certain information
- Correct your information
- Restrict our processing of certain information
- If you have provided consent for us to use your information for a specific purpose, you may also withdraw that consent at any time
- Under certain circumstances, you may also have the right under applicable law to object to our processing of your personal information on specific grounds relating to your particular situation
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us as detailed in the “Bose contact information” section below. Please note that we will process your request in accordance with applicable law.
If you have any concerns or complaints about our data processing activities, we urge you to first try to resolve such issues directly with us. However, if applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
If you wish to contact us or have any questions about or complaints in relation to this Notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer by using the email address above or by postal mail at the following address: Bose Corporation, The Mountain Road, Framingham, MA 1701
A data controller is the subsidiary or affiliated entity of Bose that is primarily responsible for the information collected and used within the scope of this Notice. Bose Corporation (located at The Mountain Road, Framingham, MA 1701) is the data controller for your information.
From time to time, we may change or update this Notice to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and use practices, or advances in technology. You can know if the Notice has changed since the last time you reviewed it by checking the “Effective date” at the beginning of the document. Where appropriate, we will notify you of those changes in accordance with applicable law.