Bose Music app does not detect product
If the app cannot find the product you have already added to your Bose account, it might show "searching" or "unavailable" when trying to select that product. In some cases, the product might not show up in the app if it is not found. To resolve this, try the following:
Reset your product.
Be sure you are using the Bose Music app.
Make sure the charging case battery is charged.
Reboot the device running the Bose app.
Close and re-open the Bose app.
On an iOS device:
- Depending on your iOS device, either double-tap the Home button or swipe up from the bottom center of the screen to view active apps.
- Swipe left or right to find the app you want to close.
- Swipe up on the app to close it.
- On the home screen, press and hold the app icon.
- Tap App info from the pop-up that appears.
- On the App Info screen, tap Force Stop.
If using iOS 13 or newer, be sure Bluetooth® permissions are enabled for the Bose app.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth and enable Bluetooth permissions for the Bose app
- Go to Settings, then scroll down and select the Bose app. Under Allow Bose Music To Access, enable Bluetooth
In your mobile device settings, be sure location and network permissions are turned on for the app.
- For iOS devices:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Local Network and be sure it is not disabled for the Bose app
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and be sure it is not disabled for the Bose app
- For Android devices, touch and hold the app icon, then tap App Info from the pop-up that appears. On the App Info screen, tap Permissions and be sure Your location is enabled.